Like everything else, marketing techniques are changed – Since the dawn of the digital age, the process of marketing and online advertising has been within the reach of everybody, but due to the constantly changing nature of the marketing techniques in the United States ( and all over the world ) you have to stay updated even if you are a small business owner . Whether you are professional business owner or novice entrepreneur, the Internet has become a platform for product and service promotions. The Internet has become a huge market teeming with a wild life of consumers who are knowledgeable about the best deals and which products rank highest in a sea of fierce competition. It is this same competition that makes it more difficult for the small business owners to promote their products and make a hefty profit without having a hard time. However, there are a number of ways that can help any product stand out from the crowd.
Following are top 10 common marketing and advertising techniques in brief that will help you shape your business in a great degree if you follow them religiously .
Here are ten online advertising tips for small business owners in the United States:
1. Know your niche. This will help you avoid the common mistake of selling to anyone, which will be a huge waste of time, energy, and resources.
2. Reach out to your followers / clientele. After knowing and establishing your niche, you can now call to action your advertising team to start working on the design, packaging, and advertisements for your product.
3. Take risks. Sticking to the generic and common ideas, slogans and designs for your product definitely would not help.
4. Focus on your USP – unique selling proposition – in order to make a statement directed to your consumers and prospective clients signifying why your product is not like those already out in the market.
5. Gain the consumers’ trust. After following all the previous tips, be sure to adhere to whatever you say and promise.
6. Do online advertising through affiliate sites. One good trick that many small businesses have is creating affiliate sites or accounts from other online platforms related to the main product they are selling. Using these accounts, they post comments and essentially, product reviews as well that are mostly positive.
7. Engage your past, current and future customers. A good 60% of all online shoppers or store visitors leave feedback and comments before they leave the web page. As a result, consumer-written product reviews are made. Future consumers will find a way into this page in your website. Be it positive or not, the content of the product reviews made are increasing the driving traffic towards your site.
8. Learn and apply the appropriate business branding. A business brand can also dictate how the company or organization will be seen in the eyes of not only the clientele, but by the shareholders, analysts, employees, potential investors, media, and by the industry as a whole. Business branding, then, is a way to depict the attributes of the company’s specific products, services, and anything that they have to offer. People who find companies online, such as on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Flickr and others, can certainly relate better to the brand.
9. Use videos. Video marketing is quickly becoming one of the trends in the field of online advertising in the USA. This is because people respond more attentively to a combination of both video and sound by appealing to the sense of sight and hearing. As of March 2012, 52% of companies in the USA have invested in video marketing (YouTube or Vimeo). Storymix Media is a good example of this success – by incorporating video ads, they have brought testimonials to life and made their business more visible in search engines.
10. Collaborate. Including people (professionals) from other industries or fields (through testimonials, interviews, or videos) will increase the credibility and authenticity of your products or services.